Monday, November 24, 2008

I SUPPORT LOCAL MUSiC!!!




This entry is a dedication to local artistes from Singapore; among them that I support; Taufik Batisah, Paul Twohill and Imran Ajmain.I just have to say that what you guys have been doing, your contributions to the local music scene is fantastic. I hope you guys will keep up the good work and carry on in your pursuit to put Singapore on the international music map...Imran, long time no see..I am wondering if you are still that quiet, intense looking young man I met during Aidilfitri about ten years ago at Clementi West Ave 2 :O) I digress...I think that local artistes need alot more exposure. I mean, what bugs me is what happens to them after their wins. As for Taufik, he is an established artiste with various awards under his belt. What about the others? We can't just have them on ipop or some webspace..bring them out I say! They deserve as much recognition as any other artiste from any other country. They are that talented.
What I don't understand is the sense of perfectionism that we all want from them. They are doing their best and hey..they're human too, just like us. Its unfair to have expectations. They sing, act, and they do their best to please us. We should be appreciative of what they have done, be proud of their achievements. If you think you can do better, then come out and sing, or else just sit back down on your salsa stained couch and shut the Hell up! Also, singers sing, not end up as radio DJs..you have mass com students for that!
I remember back in the 90's and we had KiCK! with Jai and John Klass and another guy whose name I do not recall. They were super good. We need bands like that. We've got Electrico and they're super good. yet, I don't see enough credits for these people. Sure they get airplay, but will I see an Electrico poster on somebody's wall? maybe..then again, maybe I won't.
I so hope that there will be more done to spread the word. We need to bring more local acts out there, out to, not just Asia..let's try the world for size!
Keep up the great job, guys...

No comments: