Thursday, November 20, 2008

Passing by so many people, the streets full of light. Cars honking, traffic jams. People like little ants as I look down on them from the top deck, scurrying around to get to their destinations in this life. The sky changes into many different hues of purple, indigo and blue...and finally dusk settles.

Cars move by in order as I look out the window, searching for familiar places, sights and sounds that remind me of yesteryears gone by. When I was holding Mak's hands as we crossed over to the market and had our lunch of dhosai with Abah and then headed to the market to see the live fishes.

The familiar white building, majestic as it is...the place where I heard the first cries of all my children; Raihan, Qistina, Badi, Hairul and Aiman... wishing if I could be there again one more time and bring home another angel, if He'd let me.

The lights all around tell me Christmas will be here soon. Tall Christmas trees deck the halls of places I never go to, yet almost always see. Aiman is restless in his shoes, running around the isle, he takes them off and screams his lungs out, attracting looks from people.

A familiar face..a former idol is in the bus..such a nice guy, he waves us goodbye before he leaves and Qistina is smitten..my little Princess is growing up...too fast sometimes...and it makes me sad. I don't know if I would be here long enough to hold her child...

Reaching home, I settle down next to Fendi and tell him of my dream..my wishes..he smiles knowingly and just holds me in his embrace. Life is good...finally...

No comments: