Saturday, November 22, 2008

'What if God was one of us?

Just a slob like one of us?

Just a stranger on the bus...

Trying to make his way home...'

Joan Osborne; One of Us

I was watching tv and oddly the two shows I channel surfed had the same themes..well almost..

What if God was one of us? One show was about God existing as a human among us (it was in Tamil with subtitles) and the other one was about this African American woman who was struggling to let go of her marriage and her husband and falling in love with another man...it made me cry..what she said actually to her lover after she signed the divorce papers and left her husband...which now I realize is totally irrelevant but still...hmm...ok its something like this..


'Ask me again; If I love you..
I carry you with me, in spirit..
And when you're gone for more than an hour
I miss you..
Your smile, just lights up my day..
Ask me again; I love you..
Ask me again'

*sob*sob*

I am a sucker for romance...I can't help being a hopeless romantic... I even cried watching Elton John get married to his partner... *sniff*sniff*

I am not gay by the way...wait a minute..you know that already...

Still, what if God indeed walked among us? I bet he'd be having a tough time, what with the many religious leaders to deal with..the many requests... I'd feel sorry for Him, really I would..

Maybe God should just stay up there... I like the arrangement that way

There she goes again, people...Sharifah is OFF THE WALL

*sings* what if God was one of us...

No comments: