Friday, November 21, 2008

I am sure some of you may be laughing and asking yourself if I have gone totally off my markers by calling this blog, girl;intterupted. No, its just a referral to the point where I stopped BEING a girl. The point where the girl was forced to grow up and be a woman.

I was 18, going 19 when I got married. At a time where most of the girls my age were partying hard and worrying about grades and a Uni degree, I was changing diapers and saving up for the future prospect of a new home. No more freedom to just mingle around; no more time for fooling around.

It didn't occur to me at first, that it would bother me; I did eventually and I started to get pangs of regret..I hated myself, hated the idea of being tied down and wished so much that I could do something better for myself. I was young, foolish and stupid.

Now, when I look back...I think to myself; what if I had not been so rushed to settle down? What if I had gone with him to live in Europe, and had all my studying settled?

I don't know...I will never know but what I do know is this;

I am happy with being a girl;interrupted. Regardless of what Tom, Dick or Harry has to say..

No comments: