Monday, December 8, 2008

Thoughts


The cold wind blows through the window like empty thoughts in my brain. I stood still listening to the whispers it sends me, as if it had some life. I wandered through empty rooms of memories left untouched by time and stood and lingered, each one warming me up, bit by bit, little by little.


Small little balls of though run around the floorboards and stay there. Sudden flurry of unknown voices sting my ears and I close my eyes to make out each one, to grasp a sense of familiarity but they all sound the same; echoing the same sentiment.


'I love you'


As if the torture of their loss is not enough, my eyes water in the sight of them. I try to reach out but they seem to go further and further away from me. The emptiness suddenly stabs like a knife, and I fall back, reeling in an unseen pain. A torture to my existence, blanket of darkness to my soul.


It is as if my purpose here has no meaning, my existence; a joke.


Tiny fingers jostle me awake. I open my eyes slowly and stare into small ones, replicas of my own. Small little hairs line his perfect eyes, a button nose and lips like little rosebuds. I close my eyes as he opens his; peek a boo..and then he catches me and smiles. I kiss his face and hold him close as we fall asleep again in a tight embrace.


Stoking his little arms, playing with his little fingers.. I realize that nothing else really matters. My future is here...in my embrace..and no one can take it away from me..and even when my time comes, my memories will live in him..just like they do, in my heart.

No comments: